News and Events
REMOTE LEARNING and HOMEWORK - Google Classroom
When required, remote learning is through Google Classroom. All children have their school email and password for their own login and have been sent the join code to gain access to their classroom. If you have any difficulties, please contact the school office.
- Pupils will have work set each day in maths and English as well as the wider curriculum linked to their focused learning journey.
- The work set should equate to 3 hours a day (recommended for primary). This also includes reading, spelling and times table practice.
- Teachers will provide clear explanations of new content through a range of resources - powerpoints, videos, instructions etc.
- Teachers will check and provide feedback, at least weekly, whether pupils are engaging with their work and inform parents immediately where engagement is a concern.
- Please inform teachers if, in response to what is being taught, where necessary, material needs to be simplified to ensure pupils' understanding.
Please contact the school via the emails provided on the parent guide below if you are experiencing any difficulty.
25th Feb 2021 Updated government guidance - Support for parents/carers on keeping children safe online
Please follow the links on the right hand side to find out about all our latest news and events. Click on gallery to view some of our exciting learning.
Please see below for the Headteacher's Newsletters - Southbourne Junior School Satellite