At Southbourne Junior School, home learning supports a key theme of our school vision, ethos and values to develop pupils as independent, aspirational lifelong learners. We believe that home learning plays an essential role in supporting pupils on their journey to independence and being able to self-regulate their own learning. It has huge potential in supporting our pupils in the memory process, enabling them to know, remember and understand more.
Please see our Homework Policy attached below.
Parents guide to Times Tables Rockstars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxZbRVvbYM
Parents introduction to Numbots https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24sqgVgwBOg
Independent Learning Enquiry Some pupils produce amazing home learning centred around their current learning journey, using a range of skills across the curriculum from art and design to historical and geographical knowledge and understanding. We encourage this independence, discovery and immersion, celebrating any work brought into school.
Remote Learning for unforeseen circumstances
- Pupils will have work set each day in maths and English as well as the wider curriculum linked to their focused learning journey.
- The work set should equate to 3 hours a day (recommended for primary). This also includes reading, spelling and times table practice.
- Teachers will provide clear explanations of new content through a range of resources - powerpoints, videos, instructions etc.
- Teachers will check and provide feedback, at least weekly, whether pupils are engaging with their work and inform parents immediately where engagement is a concern.
- Please inform teachers if, in response to what is being taught, where necessary, material needs to be simplified to ensure pupils' understanding.
Please contact the school office if you are experiencing any difficulty.