Our assessment at Southbourne Junior School provides evidence to guide teaching and learning and provides the opportunity for students to demonstrate and review their progress through regular formative and summative assessments. Our assessments are inclusive of all abilities and draw on a wide range of evidence to provide a complete picture. Outcomes are shared to assist pupils with their learning to provide next steps in their learning and development and to set high expectations.
We moderate our judgements with colleagues within the school and across the locality to ensure accuracy and place achievement in context against national standardised criteria and expected standards.
Assessments provide meaningful and understandable information for:
- pupils in developing their learning
- parents in supporting children with their learning
- teachers in planning teaching and learning
- school leaders and governors in planning and allocating resources; and
- government and the Local Authority.